Google Analytics Alternative

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I Love New York!!!

I'm sure you all have seen those awesome t-shirts with the big ole heart on them for the tourists who have to proclaim their love for such an awesome city. I'm a little more subdued for my adoration for NY. I've only been here for a couple of days now, but so far I'm loving it!!! I love the atmosphere, the stores, the people and the bakeries!! You wouldn't believe how many bakeries there are! I visited a yummy vegan bakery to eat some breakfast which consisted of a chocolate chip cookie and coffee. Then I went to Buffalo Exchange and pretty much blew all of my spending money. I can't wait to showcase all the great stuff I bought!

I can't tell you how excited/nervous I was about meeting everybody. The group of ladies I met last night were just amazing people. I met Mel from IdeeGeniale, Nickie from Wild As Mink Sweet As Soda Pop, Merl from Clyde's Rebirth and her friend Ashley, Nikka from Showgirl Godzilla, Annie from Time Enough for Drums and then Christina from Second Skin! It was just a fabulous time that I'll remember for a long time. How can anyone forget their first night in the big city?!!

And today was just another huge blogger meetup. I met girls who's blogs I haven't read before, who were very nice, and then the conference itself was just so informative and full of insight that I had never thought of before. The highlight of my night was just meeting everyone who've I've spoken with through comments or emails. Oh and the presentation from Corvous Noir was incredible. I love jewelry anyways, but this jewelry is beyond amazing! The creative nature of each piece is really just priceless. I could imagine myself wearing each and every piece they showed.

Ok, sorry for all the type, I just had to get this all out of my system. Here's what I wore for my day on the town. I went a little matchy-matchy today to keep things a little more simple. I'm currently living out of a carry-on suitcase, which makes it a little more difficult to add my own little details to my look, but it worked for today. I basically wore my coat the entire time today. The conference was pretty cold inside.


magenta tshirt, Forever21 ($7) skirt, Forever21 ($10) tights, RiteAid ($5) cardigan, NYandCo (gift) boots, Target (gift)

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear that you are having such an amazing time!!! Buffalo Exchange is like the only place I shopped while at NYC.. love that they are so picky about what they buy because everything there is amazing! Ah so excited for our dinner now to hear about everything!!! I want all the dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, great photo spot!! It was SO amazing to meet you. You are seriously soooo sweet! If you and Zach come to the Chicago area and feel like traveling 3 more hours or something, you're more than welcome to stay at our place! Anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that last photo! it was so nice meeting you Emily!! hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in New York - let me know if you're ever back here =)

    (and yea, it WAS chilly in that gallery... i never took my sweater off)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHERE did you find that amazing wallpaper/carpet combo???? am i crazy if i love it? and your adorable as always ;)

    ReplyDelete