Google Analytics Alternative

Monday, January 10, 2011

My Sacrific for You!! hehe..

day10e

Raise your hand if you're in the northern hemisphere and are sick and tired of winter already?  I totally sacrificed my health to get these photos taken.  It was only 20 degree with a wind chill of 10 and I can't begin to tell you how long it took for my teeth to stop chattering.  But all this cold weather does make it possible for me to cook more and enjoy all kinds of soups.  Tonights soup is a vegan broccoli soup and it smells and tastes amazing!!

day10c

day10

Ok, enough with the food talk.  And the whining about the cold weather should stop too:)  Let's talk about this outfit.  Since I'm trying to be more sustainable with my lifestyle, including my wardrobe, Mel and I decided it would be fun to swap some clothes.  She was super fast and sent me some things that I got on Saturday!  This skirt being one of them. I love the fit of the skirt and it was perfect for romping around to brunch and errands.  And to top it all off, I put on my favorite new pair of boots!! My friend Diane got them for me for Christmas and I am in love.  The length of the skirt lent itself well to a pair of calf length boots so I didn't end up short and stout like a tea pot.   

day10f

day10b

Blouse, Target (2 years ago)
Cardigan, Thrifted
Skirt, On Loan from Mel..aka Idee Geniale
Vintage Belt, Thrifted
Tights, Platos Closet (but new)
Dolce Vita Boots, Gift
Gloves, Gift from Co-worker
Hat, Forever21

13 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit and photos! I know what you mean about the weather :) I'm a Florida girl, and this Virginia winter is killer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously looove the blue and teal together : ) great combo.

    And I know what you mean about the cold.... I give you props. I'm finding it harder and harder to go out and take outfit photos!

    Holly
    http://hollykeenan.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Em! The Puff saw your photos and started saying, "Hi Emily. There's Emily. Hi Emily." Love the outfit, especially the boots!

    BTW, I need to know the parameters of your shopping challenge. This way I'm not tempting you into shops and stores that are "off limits".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those two blues together, and those tights are very cute!!!! Glad you and Mel made the most out of your No New Clothing pledges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you dont look cold...you look like a chic, parisian! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAVORITE.
    OUTFIT.
    FROM YOU.
    EVER.
    EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Seriously...The two blue hues together with those boots and tights and your hair and that beanie...Everything is so wonderful! Okay enough gushing--I can't believe it's only 20-degrees there! We're expecting some 70-degree weathers here in good ole sunny California!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your look!!!follow you!!
    visit my blog!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is one of your best!! I love it! Thanks for braving the cold to get these pictures taken :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one pretty outfit, you have a great style :) You mix clothings so perfectly together!

    -Sara
    autumn, coffee and inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color combination of the two blues, this whole outfit is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blues you put together here. So so pretty! I'm not quite ready for boot weather to go away, but 40F would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the blues paired together. Also, those rights Are fabulous. They look great with the boots.
    No Guilt Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your skirt! The bright blue is awesome.

    ReplyDelete