Google Analytics Alternative

Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Version of Rustic

rustic4

If there was an apple orchard close to my home and I wanted to go pick apples, this is probably the outfit I would go for! The denim skirt hacked to a short length, the lacy top and the brown and black all mixed together is exactly what I was thinking when I wanted something warm and rustic. All this talk about apple picking is really getting me excited for baking season. I'm almost tempted to take a weekend and drive out to Virginia country and do a whole fall themed trip with Zach. Last year in November we took a long weekend and headed up to Monticello and also to an apple orchard but since our recent happenings with car trips, I don't think that's going to happen this year.

rustic3

rustic2

So, instead of getting in the car and heading about 3 hours out of our way to pick apples, I decided to wear this outfit shopping with my sister. We both had to head out to the an art store and as luck would have it, there was a thrift store right next door. I was very excited to find 3 things on my list of fall must-haves. I've been perusing my magazine collection of pretty pictorials for inspiration and then made an organized list with what I should buy. I needed to go about thrifting with a level head on my shoulders so I don't end up buying a bunch of crap. Thanks to my new found thrifting filter, I actually found a very pretty vintage dress with autumnal colors that I plan to hem, a cute vintage sweater jacket, and vintage blue blouse. Exactly the kind of things I was looking for!

rustic

Lace Blouse, Thrifted ($3)
Skirt, Thrifted ($4)
Belt, Thrifted ($4)
Stockings, Target ($6)
Boots, Ebay ($20)
Umbrella, Mom's closet (let's just pretend this matched my ensemble, eh?)

1 comment:

  1. aww you have such an organized way to shop! i just go in and just buy...which is bad :( i really need to start making lists of what i need! anyway onto the outfit--you look wonderful! i love that lace top! i can't believe it was thrifted!

    ReplyDelete