Google Analytics Alternative

Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Happy Mood Outfit

day15c

A basic black dress is pretty much a necessity, no?  I mean black can be dressed up or down and when you have a black dress. the options are pretty much endless.  I have a plethora of black dresses hanging in my closet but this one in particular is probably my favorite.  It's vintage from the 50s and it's classic shirt dress shape reminds me of something Lucille Ball would wear on I Love Lucy.  I opted to not wear my crinoline underneath, because it might have been a little customey for working at a bank, but any other day I would've gladly donned a full on 50s look.  Maybe not the hair and make up though.  That would probably be a bit much.  Either way, this outfit put me in a fantastic mood!

day15d
day15e
day15b

Oh, and the best part?  This dress was at my local thrift store for about $6!!!  Apparently whoever priced the dress didn't realize or care that it was vintage since they're vintage selection is supremely pricey.  Those dresses can usually range from $15 to $40!  So I quickly grabbed it and made my way to the register.  I didn't even bother to try it on.

day15g
day15f


Vintage Dress, Thrifted
Hat, Thrifted
Wedges, Payless
Bag, Giveaway win from Hummingbird Girls
Vintage Snakeskin Belt, Vintage Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment