Google Analytics Alternative

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Guest Post : Morgan and Lua


Hi! I'm Morgan from Morgan and Lua
When Emily asked us to guest post, she also asked that our posts be either inspired by a favorite song, or were in some way music related. I knew almost immediately what I would do. I decided to combine two of my favorite things, The Beatles and my dog Lua, in an outfit post.  I based my post around The Beatles song, Two of Us. I tried to give a nod to the laid back hippy style that was happening during the time the song was written. 
I found Lua at WARL, a no kill Shelter outside of DC. I was a volunteer there when Lua was brought in. I had always known I wanted a dog and a few months earlier I had even started to look for my own, but I never expected to fall in love with a puppy at the shelter so quickly.
Over the past three years I've had Lua she has become such a huge part of my life. They always say dogs are a man's best friend and I wouldn't dispute that one bit. Lua is my buddy. She tries her best to please me and I try my best to take care of her. 
We've lived in a few different places together. We started off in DC and wound our way back to New York City. I'm not used to being without her. When we are together we really are inseparable. I take her every place I possibly can. She sleeps next to my bed, comes to work with me everyday, is my running partner in the afternoons, and is by my side each night as we wind down the days. Whether it's beneath my desk at work or wedged between the coffee table and sofa at my apartment Lua can often be found lounging right under my feet.
Our relationship is obviously very different than the one represented in Two of Us. At its core the song is about friendship. Like I said, Lua is my buddy. We've been through a lot together. Moves, health issues, the occasional disagreement, all of it. At the end of the day, we take care of each other. She'll always have my back and I'll always have hers. And for right now, it really is just the two of us. 
Sunglasses from Sucre, Hat borrowed from my Mom
Dress from Pavement, Dolce Vita Sandals
Emily, thank you so much for asking me to guest post. I hope you're having an amazing and relaxing break from the bloggity! 

You can find me on my blog, Morgan and Lua, where I write about my style, my life, and of course Lua!



No comments:

Post a Comment