Google Analytics Alternative

Friday, July 30, 2010

The Doom Storm

storm3

It looked like another storm was heading straight our way, only this time it was allowing tornadoes to brew. So what do I do? As soon as I get home from work, I grab Zach and make him start taking my photos with the impending doom storm just right behind me. It was very cool looking, and just as soon as we were finished shooting pics, was the rain really started to come down.

storm2

storm5

And just because we're two crazy kids, we decided to leave to head out to a networking happy hour, during that crazy storm. We ended up at the Boot and met up with some friends for drinks and dinner. As we were sitting there waiting for our food (a whole hour!) the rain was just coming down like crazy! Like flooded crazy! What should've taken us 3 minutes to get home, ended up taking 20 because we kept finding ourselves in flooded out streets! People's cars were stuck everywhere, with hazard lights flashing, and the worst was a car was flooded up to it's roof in an underpass! This all happened within 1 1/2 hours!

storm4

Ok, so enough with the weather drama! I'll go ahead and talk about my Remix Number 18! First off, I'm getting a little worried about trying to recreate more outfits, since I still have 12 more to go, but I'll do some brainstorming over the weekend. I decided to turn my white dress into a skirt, tucked into my floral blouse and then belted it tight with my bow belt.

storm

And if you wondering if I wore my white dress (worn as a skirt) to dinner....I didn't. I was pretty sure this would turn completely see-through if it got soaked. And I did get soaked! Everyone in this fancy little restaurant were drenched in rain soaked clothes and dripping hair. It was quite comical!

Dress (worn as skirt ) H&M ($30)
Floral blouse, Thrifted ($3)
Belt, Forever21 ($3)
Shoes, UO ($28)

6 comments:

  1. I really like this one. It looks great on you. I'm glad to hear you made it home safe.
    noguiltfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that sounds like a crazy storm! glad you guys stayed safe & a cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really great. I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha the image of people in fancy clothing drenched is hilarious :) i love your outfit! i need to use the dress as a skirt trick too! you've done so well through this challenge dear so i'm sure you'll be able to knock us out with the remaining 12 looks! :) i'm almost done so hopefully when i go shopping i'll find something for you and send it off before you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite one to date!
    You look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the belt and you can't beat that price!

    ReplyDelete