Google Analytics Alternative

Monday, July 12, 2010

In The Garden

garden

If there is one thing my Dad takes the most pride in (besides my sister and I) it's the yard. He gardens, plants trees, builds decks, patios, stairs...you name it! It's his one true happiness...I swear! This tree he planted about 10 years ago, is perhaps one of my most favorite part of the yard. I'm not sure what kind it is, but it has the most amazing drapey branches and the trunk is this peeling mess, that's beautiful at the same time. If there weren't ant hills all around it, I'd probably sit under the tree and read a book...Alice in Wonderland style;)

garden3

garden2

garden4

My outfit is another remix for outfit eight. Can you believe eight already?! I took the same dress I wore on Saturday and remixed it into a skirt with a blouse , which I tucked up into my wide belt. It really looked like one seamless piece of clothing after I tweaked with it for a while. Then I added my trusty coral necklace for some flair! Really this remixing thing is super fun! I really want to push the envelope and come up with even more fun outfits. I have some ideas up in my sleeve, and I can't wait to see if they work.

garden9

garden8

Oh and since I was borrowing my sister's camera I went ahead and took some pictures of the flowers in my parent's garden. I love the one with the cute little beetle crawling on the rose. It had the prettiest iridescent sheen to it.

garden7

garden6

garden5

Dress (as skirt) Ross ($10)
H&M Blouse, Thrifted ($2)
Belt, H&M ($5)
Shoes, UO ($28)
Necklace, Vintage ($14)



12 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I really love your top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely outfit & the flowers are beautiful!
    Thank you very much for your comment on my blog, I'm glad that you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress as a blouse! You look very pretty.

    Send your dad over to my house for a quick sec, will ya? We're in the middle of building our deck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures and pretty outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. u r soooo pretty!
    and I love floral..
    :)

    XOXO

    www.greatmariska.blogspot.com
    www.greatmariska.blogspot.com
    www.greatmariska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful flowers...I would have never guessed that todays skirt is yesterdays dress...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty top and gorgeous photos!!

    xoxo
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The remix has worked really well, the belt really pulls the whole outfit together, fab look xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. the tree looks like the tree from the book "the giving tree" :) my dad likes to garden too! i just wish he were able to grow me some sunflowers :( the detail on the skirt/dress is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit! and your garden really is beautiful!

    Daisy Dayz Home

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great remix! This outfit is so pretty and it totally looks like one piece :)

    ReplyDelete