Google Analytics Alternative

Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 20 A Desire for Something New

day20c

Ok, it is day 20 of this 30 for 30 Challenge and I'm starting to get a little home sick from all my favorite stores. Christmas is fast approaching, so I really have no need to buy myself anything, but none-the-less, I still have a desire to go shopping for a festive dress and maybe a new coat. I'll bide my time though and have myself a shopping bonanza after Christmas.

day20

day20d

But all these desires for something new hasn't impeded my creativity when it comes to dressing myself. Just today I was wanting to try something different that I haven't done yet; which is to wear knee-high socks with my boots and skirts. I haven't been able to go anywhere to search for new warm socks so I decided to hack a pair of tights that were much too small for my bum. Presto!! New socks! And if I was really motivated I could go ahead and sew the cuffs, but I might do that another day.

day20e

And since I had the day off today I figured I'd wear this outfit out to lunch with my sister. When it comes to eating out with someone who has specific eating habits, it can become quite the conundrum, but my sister, being a smarty pants, suggested we go to this cute little deli called Yorgos! They always have vegan specials so it made my choosing so much easier! I ended up eating a Tempeh BLT with herb vegenaise. It was delicious!

day20b

Denim Dress worn as Blouse, Ross
Satin Skirt, Target
Old Navy Sweater Coat, Thrifted
Vintage Belt, Thrifted
Make-shift Socks, Forever21
Vintage Boots, Ebay
Hat, Forever21

***Photos taken by my sister Molly***

8 comments:

  1. great idea with dress worn as a blouse! and you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great outfit! I'm going to have to replicate it some day :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look seems so warm and coxy and chic at the same time! I love that sweater, I want it for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look just so adorable! Every element of this outfit is pure perfection. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Emily, fellow remixer and thrifter here, slowly getting around to visiting all of the remixers blogs. Looks like you are as big a fan of grey as I am and your sock solution was ingenious. Best of luck with the remaining challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so cozy and cute Emily! You're almost done with the challenge! Only 10 more days! You've done great so far <3 Love the idea of making tights socks and then pairing them with boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. For some reason this series of photos is EXTRA adorable! GREAT outfit, subtle use of color and color blocking, classic.

    I've a friend who just started a no-shop for 365 days. Nothing new. She can still thrift and buy hand-made. Ack. I could do it, I DO do it, but HAVING to do it, makes me nervous.

    Hope you've got a good pair of gloves!

    ReplyDelete