Google Analytics Alternative

Sunday, December 18, 2011

That Toasty Feeling

day18e

Remember when I told you about the vintage motherload that I discovered last week at my local thrift store?  Well here are a couple of my finds.  I've been searching high and low for a pretty wool skirt, so when my eyes landed on this gorgeous forest green 60s skirt, I pounced.  Then I found this cream turtleneck sweater and my mind clicked that this would make a fabulous cold weather outfit.  Thank god it's finally starting to feel like winter around here so I can wear these things!!  Makes me happy!!  

day18d
day18c

On an unrelated note, today is the day of my holiday party and I'm so excited!!!  I love throwing shin-digs every now and then and getting myself dolled up to play hostess.  I used to love watching The Dick Van Dyke show and watching Mary Tyler Moore's character put on dinner parties and such.  I wished people did things like that more often.  

day18
day18b

 Oh and I'll be very sure to capture highlights of the party to post on the blog!!  It'll be 60s kitsch with lots of sugar!!  And pretty outfits I'm sure!!  Holiday parties are the perfect excuse to dress up a little.  I'll be wearing a 1960s velvet mini dress with huge rhinestone buttons and hot pink tights!! Eeep! Can't wait!!!  And music will be provided by the wonderful Uncle Norman who made 5 Holiday Craptacular mixes.  It'll be a hoot.

day18h
day18f

Vintage Sweater, Thrifted
Vintage Skirt, Thrifted
Wedges, Modcloth
Ring, Graduation present
Tights, Target

No comments:

Post a Comment