Google Analytics Alternative

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

In the Thicket

thicket2

Yesterday I had the bright idea to walk about in these shoes, while I was taking Starla for a walk with my hubby. He always gives me a look, like "are you sure you want to wear those?" and I figure I can manage. How wrong was I! These are comfortable for a day at work, which is spent mostly sitting, but not for a brisk walk in the evening. I'm so silly. But on the plus side, they made me look less stumpy with my cropped jeans.

thicket4

thicket5

This wasn't the outfit I wore to work, since it was pretty much half-assed so instead I threw on this ensemble. I decided to wear my skinny jeans, rolled up, and the top is one of my favorite finds from Urban Outfitters. I found the cutest stuff there, while I was in Lawrence, and I only wish I had more money so I could've bought all the tops on the $10 rack. Seriously, what a great deal when the shirt is originally $48 or something ridiculous like that.

Thicket

And the location for this shot? Well, I was originally planning on going out on the baseball field, but since there was some activity on the field, I figured it best to stand in the thicket that opens up to the field. There were fire flies everywhere, and I was really hoping they'd be lighting up the photos, but no such luck. But I did get to hold one for a few minutes. I love it when the fire flies come out. That's when you know it's officially summer.

thicket3

thicket6

Blouse, Thistlepearl from Urban Outfitters, ($10)
Jeans, Charlotte Russe ($20)
Wedges, Vintage ($7)
Necklace, FredFlare (gift)

8 comments:

  1. i love your casual outfit! your legs do look miles long in those heels. fashion over comfort right? hehe :) you're so lucky you got to hold a firefly! i always wanted to collect them in a jar and then release them soon after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have fireflies down where I live :( I really like your necklace.

    In reply to your comment, that's just ridiculous that they make you restart at 7th grade level math. But my first test is free since I'm a tenth grader, then I can retake it as many times as I want for $15 a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Outfit. Simply and so coool. I love your Blog :-*

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look super chic! and i love your necklace!

    heyfancypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! I love your necklace and the photo with your nails and the insect! XOXO, Natalya

    ReplyDelete
  6. if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times [in my head haha] you rock those cropped skinnies like NONE OTHER. love it lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nail color is crazy! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lov love your nails and that top!

    ReplyDelete