Google Analytics Alternative

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Our Trip to Grand Haven

Edit: Just to be clear, these pictures were taken in Norfolk, since we didn't get too many pictures of our trip in Michigan. So, this is a story about our trip to Grand Haven, with pictures from the ice cream shop in our town, since it seemed like a fun place to wear this dress. I just didn't want to confuse anyone:)

sherbet1

It's time to get back into the swing of things, since vacation is over, but first let me continue with my holiday highlights!

Untitled-1

sherbet5

Untitled-2

After Zach and I trekked out to Kansas we had plans to visit Chicago for a concert. The weather and the Obama's leaving Chicago at the same time of our arrival, stopped that, so we continued on to visit our friends in Michigan! Tieka and Brett were kind enough to open their homes to us and let us experience Grand Haven first hand. When Tieka and I met up in NYC we really hit it off, so it was fun to get the hubbies together too and we had so much fun just chit chatting, wandering around Grand Haven and then driving out to Grand Rapids for pizza. My only regret was we didn't get any pictures together:( I was feeling miserable (and looking miserable) from all the new pollen affecting my allergies and Tieka had just finished a 4 day tour with her husband, so we were all about a casual good time. So no dress up or photo sessions.

sherbet6

Instead Tieka let me borrow some of her cute summery dresses to style up for myself, so I'm excited to start coming up with outfit posts for them. This dress immediately made me think of sherbet so off to the ice cream shop we went for some fun yumminess. I'm not much for sherbet so I opted for a strawberry ice cream cone instead! See how Tieka styled it HERE!

na-na-nineties dress, Modcloth (via Tieka's closet) Fedora, Urban Outfitters ($10) Pink heels, Payless ($10) Pearl Necklace, Lia Sophia ($ ?) Sunnies, Forever21 ($2) Shoulder bag, Fred Flare (gift)

7 comments:

  1. you look adorable in that dress! and it sounds like you had a super fun time :) and the ice cream looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that dress on you emily! your shoes match perfectly with the pink in the dress! you're so lucky! i would've loved to raid tieka's closet too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been really liking the dress over the T-shirt look lately. And the shoes are perfect with the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress! You look gorgeous lady. And those sunglasses are tooo cute :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so nice, love the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress looks ridiculously cute on you! You have styled it just perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lovee the dress on you! I'm bummed we didn't get pictures too, we should have been more prepared, but I had so much fun!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete