Google Analytics Alternative

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Getting Back To It

day25c

I've taken a bit of a hiatus from blogland these last few days, since I caught the dreaded flu....on my birthday no less!  Today I finally looked and felt well enough to take some photos.  I swear I was looking really rough around the edges these last few days.  For some reason when I turned 26 my skin decided to turn back time to my teenage years and break out like crazy!  In addition to the flu face, I was looking like a mugshot of someone who's done some hard drugs. But trust me, the only drugs that went into this body were of medicinal use.  Nyquil became my best buddie these last few days..hehe..

day25d

day25b

Anyways, I decided to dress up a little and this sequined blouse was just the right thing.  When I went thrifting a couple of weeks ago, I was trying to keep in mind some of the current trends of the upcoming season and I faintly remembered reading something about dolman sleeves.  While browsing through Salvation Army I found this fantastic vintage blouse and knew it would work for my wardrobe.  It's a crazy fit and the sequins give it that tacky fabulous edge which I adore.  And it's a great piece to keep in your wardrobe to make jeans a little more classy and flirty. 

day25

The last element to my outfit was the inclusion of color.  Although it's still winter, I really wanted to break out my light pink pumps and yellow belt.  Color is so big this season and it's really putting me in the mood for warm spring sunshine. 

Vintage Blouse, Thrifted
Jeans, Platos Closet
Vintage Belt, Thrifted
Pumps, Payless (like 4 years ago!)
Necklace, Lia Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment