Google Analytics Alternative

Monday, January 31, 2011

Is This Really New?

day31

I decided to go ahead and try the newish trend of super flare jeans for today.  Let me be the first to say, this is not new.  In fact, I found these jeans at the thrift store for a whopping $5! I get a little annoyed that there is so much turn around in fashion that something that was very popular 5 years ago is suddenly back in style and the markets are flooded with more bell bottom jeans!  Take Gap for example.  Those "new style" jeans are just ridiculously expensive and their denim isn't really any better quality than these jeans I found at the thrift store!  It is that kind of consumerism that bothers me I think.

day31b
day31c

In addition to the flare jeans, I'm wearing this fantastic vintage blouse.  It has the right amount of sheerness and the ruffled neck is perhaps my favorite.  I put my striped beige cardigan over it for some contrast and for the warmth factor.  It was pretty damn cold when I took these photos.  Oh and the bag I'm carrying is a pretty cognac camera bag from the 1960s.  It fits my camera perfectly!  I'm so glad I stumbled on this bag at the thrift store last week.

day31d

Well Sunday was great but Monday is here and now it's all about work.  I had a fabulous time with friends this weekend and brunch was just a part of it.  Our good friends/neighbors are moving to Ecuador for an undisclosed amount of time, so all of their friends boogied down on Saturday night for their going away party.  Usually after a crazy fun late night party it's always a good idea to grab brunch.  Especially if you're hungover and need some substantial food.  All in all a great great weekend, but I am sad to see our friends moving so far away.

Top, Vintage
Cardigan, 2nd hand from friend
Refuge Jeans, Thrifted
Modcloth shoes, gift from parents
Bag, Thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment