Google Analytics Alternative

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

When A Messy Closet Becomes Rewarding

day4d

I hope you all don't mind the indoor shots I'll be doing this week.  I just can't get enough sunlight during the day!  Thus is life, I'm sure.  I can't get my way everytime, darn it!  Anywho, I really liked my outfit today (as simplistic as it is) and just had to get some photos of it.  It's always nice to find something that has been hidden from you for months, such as this flowy ruffled blouse.  I think the last time I wore it was back in October and it's since risen up from the pile of disheveled clothes in my closet. 

day4c

Day4

Being that my closet is a crazy mess, I guess I should have made a resolution to keep my closet more orderly and neat, but its never gonna stay that way.  So why make promises you can't keep, right?  As far as my resolution to redesign my blog, I think I'm doing well.  I'm still hitting a few road bumps, but I still have my sanity!  I also mentioned that I started other blog resolutions and one of them happens to include my shopping habits for the year.  During the year of 2011 I will be buying clothes all second hand.  There will be more on this later, but I figured I'd just throw it out there.  I hope along the way I can inspire more people to take a pledge to shop second hand. 

Day4b

Blouse, Thrifted
Skirt, Tulle
Tights, Target
Oxford Pumps, Dillards
Necklace, Etsy

11 comments:

  1. Ruffle blouse always capture my heart...and your oxfords are just so darling, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that blouse is amazing! I love all of the ruffles.

    As messy as I am, I keep a surprisingly neat closet. I'm not sure how it happens, but I'm definitely not going to complain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you mention the close thing because I realized after I put all my resolutions in writing that keeping my closet (and life organized) should have been a priority.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit and the hat! The ruffles on the shirt are so cute, and I am in love with those pumps. They had some really cheap Oxford pumps at Charlotte Russe and I really want to buy some, but I'm starting to become concerned that I have way too many black-boot type shoes in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. simple but so feminine!!! i LOVE the soft, ruffly top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the changes to your blog layout so far dear :) I feel like this is an outfit that you'd find in New York on the street somewhere hehe. Love that blouse! My closet is actually the neatest and organized area of my entire room...well actually maybe second, my books are pretty organized too but that's 'cause they're book and they sit on shelves. But yeah I just find that once you get into the habit of putting clothes back, it stays neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I like everything in this outfit, especially that blouse!

    -Sara
    autumn, coffee and inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous blouse! The secondhand pledge will be very fruitful. xxx Comtesse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, I love the blouse.

    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! You are too pretty. I love this outfit - that skirt is adorable. Cute blog, btw! : )

    KF x

    ReplyDelete