Google Analytics Alternative

Friday, January 6, 2012

Working the Holga

J Crew Mini

I know I said I wouldn't use that Holga Lens for my Nikon so much for my blog but I couldn't help but give it another go.  It was incredibly bright outside, plus I was in the downtown historic district and I love doing my photos there.  If you're into Holgas you'll know that they work best in very bright light.  So anywho, I love the way these look!!!  It reminds me of a photo that would've been taken back in the 60s!  The lighting was perfect!  And if wondering why they appear blurry, that's just the way the lens works.  But the blurriness adds mystery, don't you think?

breton stripes
holga photos

And my outfit was a simple look but I was spending the day going out to breakfast and a movie with my friend.  We saw My Week With Marilyn and it was a spectacular film!!!  Michelle Williams was the perfect person to play Marilyn Monroe!  I was almost tricked into thinking she was actually Marilyn Monroe.  She was that good.  So yeah, go see the movie!!  You'll love it.

holga lens
vintage beret

And for the record, I scored big time while thrifting over the weekend.  One of my thrifted finds was this bbeige corduroy skirt!!  New with tags and from J Crew.  I'm over the moon ecstatic that I finally found a pretty corduroy mini for my winter looks.  I'm sure it will transistion nicely into my spring looks as well.

vintage beads
mixed metals

A million thanks goes out to my friend Tieka for interviewing me for her Featured Blogger Winter Edition!! It was such a fun interview!!  Check it out!!!
Ralph Lauren Top, Thrifted
J Crew Skirt, Thrifted
Dolce Vita for Target Flats, Target (obvs)
Jewellery and Hat, Vintage 

No comments:

Post a Comment