Google Analytics Alternative

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Story of the Skirt

Sorry this is a long story, but kind of funny.

IMG_0968


When I took that trip to Charlottesville, I knew that heading into the downtown vintage store would prove to be fruitful. I found this amazing silk skirt! It is probably one of the most pretty things in my closet, and the owner told me that it was possibly from the 1960s. Here's the funny thing about this skirt. I picked out the price tag and noticed it said $22.00. I thought, sure I'll pay that much for a silk skirt. So I go up to the counter and the guy just asked, "how much is it?" I told him $22. Then he said "how about $20?" It wasn't until I get home that I noticed that I looked at the wrong price tag on the rack and my skirt's price tag was safety pinned to the inside with a price of $15! Oh well. I still think it's worth more than that and I'm glad I found it.

IMG_0969


tee shirt, H&M ($7) silk skirt, vintage store ($20) nude fishnets, forever21 ($2) bcbg heels, ross ($25)

3 comments:

  1. That is an adorable skirt! Love the color and print! Thanks for the comment on my blog! I added you to my bloglovin' and look forward to reading more!
    <3, Tieka
    selective potential

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love reading your blog. The pictures are so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about the pricetag, but you still got a great deal! Awesome outfit. I just stumbled accross your blog and I love it! - Natalya of Wear Necessities

    ReplyDelete