Google Analytics Alternative

Thursday, February 4, 2010

To Thrift or Not to Thrift

Have you ever decided that you need to go shopping for a whole new wardrobe ? I have been in dire need of a new wardrobe for some time now. I love thrifting but sometimes I find myself picking up impulse buys because I can't find what I absolutely need. So then I run out of money and I still need to get a few staple items. It's pretty annoying and I need to figure out a happy medium. I've always gravitated towards thrift stores for environmental and charitable reasons, but sometimes you just can't find that perfect item. I was reading a post from Annie from Time Enough for Drums and she mentioned her desire to shop exclusively from thrift stores for an entire year and how she actually broke and bought a dress from Target. It's cool to give ourselves some slack. It's a hard thing to do to totally resist temptation, but I figure that's what Lent is for. It's only 40 days, right?

Anyways, I am now on my way to buy a few outfits brand new from the mall, which I haven't done in ages. I get this guilty feeling when I do it, but I am tired of picking up the "wrong for me" items. I can't wait to wear these items in NY too!


Oh and here is what I wore for today. This LBD (which I'm wearing underneath this blouse) has been on a long journey in my wardrobe and it is time to retire this one to a clothing swap.


dress, Platos Closet ($10) white blouse, thrifted ($3) green cardi, Dillards, ($6) tights, Forever21 ($5)

7 comments:

  1. Those tights are great!!! Did you get them at Lynnhaven? When I went a few weeks ago they said they were done with tights for the season and only had like 3 pairs of ugly ones left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have the same problem. i'll go into a store needing long sleeved shirts and i come out with tank tops that i love!
    togandtrappings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there,

    I will be at brunch on Saturday. If you don't have other plans we should do something on Monday. I do'nt want to wander NYC alone! Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I need to get on this lace tights train...I've been seeing a few other bloggers rock them out, and you are no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had luck buying a brand new outfit. It's funny I was just thinking about how I would challenge myself to only thrift for a few months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovee this, girl! Those tights are amazing! Can't wait can't wait!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome tights! I love them with the vivid green sweater.

    xx

    ReplyDelete