Google Analytics Alternative

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Gloomy Days Melt Away

IMG_3130

I was tired of the gross rainy days we've had, so I decided to brighten things up with my yellow dress! I've had this dress hanging in my closet for 2 months now, and I've finally remembered to wear it. When I saw it on Tulle when it was only $7 I couldn't not buy it! Although, I love the dress, it is difficult to mix it up with more things in my wardrobe. The color combo of the dress makes it hard, but I'm determined to find other things for it. I may need to go to the thrift store to find some fun accessories to liven it up, but as far as today goes, I just wanted the dress to stand on it's own.

IMG_3132

IMG_3133

And I did have it stand on it's own for a little while, but then decided my birdie belt would add some fun to it. It did need something after all, but next time I'm going to get a little more creative with the colors.

IMG_3128

IMG_3131

My only wish is that my dress helped make the rainy gloomy day into a sunny one. I was desperately wanting to walk to work today, but the weather + no umbrella = not possible. Oh well, maybe tomorrow!

Dress, Tulle ($7) Black flats, Kmart ($5) Belt, Fred Flare (gift) Black bag, Thrifted ($4)

10 comments:

  1. LOVE your dress, its absolutely gorgeous!

    heyfancypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous outfit - shame the weather didnt want to play though :(

    Sal xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable dress! I think it looks great on its own :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bright yellow is so vibrant and pretty! I love the touches of gray with it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. another mustard yellow thing? ah! i'm jealous! i need more mustard yellow in my wardrobe! the weather here is pretty gloomy here too...maybe if we all wore bright colors the sun would finally just come out! i love that dress! it definitely works on its own, but i'm so excited to see what accessories you'll pair with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that shade of yellow, stands out so well on a gray day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely dress! i love that color and you look adorable in it :) plus, you just won the clutch in my giveaway!!!!!!!!!!!! so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely dress. So pretty on you.

    Love your blog! Glad to have found it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this dress. Yellow and grey has been such a wonderful spring combo lately. You look divine. It's always worth tapping the clothing gods to see if you can change the weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love love love that dress! the sleeves are spectacular! can't wait to see what else you style it with.

    ReplyDelete