Google Analytics Alternative

Friday, May 6, 2011

Beautifying Our Surroundings

yellow platforms

Can you believe this awesome mural behind me?  Its painted on junky old plywood that has been boarding up this building for quite some time now.  It's all in an effort to start beautifying our city and spreading love, art, and community.  It was called the Canvas Project.  You should click here just to see the amazing transformation!!  It's been awhile since the mural was painted, but today was the first day I was able to make it over there to really start appreciating it close up.  There are more murals around the whole building so I'll need to try and come out and take some more pictures out there. 

denim looks

blouse

Our city is really starting to become a place where I grow to love each day.  It is not where we plan on settling since it's just too darn expensive to be a home owner out here, but it is a great place to enjoy a young life.  Just last weekend our city had an Art Everywhere event and it was just a great way to see a bunch of art in empty store fronts, get drinks, and meet up with people.  So yeah.  Norfolk is really trying it's darndest to have better morale for its community. 

blue necklace

deux lux purse

I really enjoyed my outfit for parading around Norfolk yesterday too.  I felt like dressing up my jeans again, since I wasn't too keen on running around in a dress for some reason.  I immidieatly threw on this comfy blouse that Emily swapped with me and it was the perfect thing to wear.  It wasn't quite as warm as it has been so I definitley wanted the limbs covered but I had no need for a jacket.  It was a great feel good outfit for enjoying great feel good art!  

forever21 sunnies

Blouse, MNG, Swapped with Emily
Jeans, Thrifted
Payless Platforms, Thrifted
Necklace, Vintage Store
Sunnies, Forever21

No comments:

Post a Comment