Google Analytics Alternative

Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Barrel of Monkeys

vintage blue dress

Do you want to know what's more fun than a barrel of monkeys?  Swapping!!  You get to receive something in the mail and then you get to wear new (to you) clothing and style something up completely differently!  It's also fun because when you find someone to swap with, you get a pen pal in the process:)  I met Emily from Nudgenick Loves Twinkle Lights via an email she sent me a few months ago about an interview post.  She's incredibly sweet and has a fantastic closet (I presume this because of all the pretty clothes she wears).  Anywho, she sent me a few things to style and I sent her a few things in exchange...ie a swap!

burgundy pumps

michael kors pumps

So in the box there was this fantastical vintage dress.  It was pure lust at first sight really.  The fabric was great quality and the shape of the dress was perfect!  I wore it to work with these burgundy pumps and felt fabulous.  People at work never seem to realize that my clothes are decades old and this dress was no exception.  People were asking me where I got it...as if they'd be able to purchase it too:)  So thanks Emily for allowing people to compliment your dress all day!

porcelain necklace

vintage and modern

So I guess I'll go ahead and tell you the story of the heels. Although DSW is not what I call a high end store, they still seemed to have very expensive shoes.  Lots of great brands for still very high prices.  Well, it just so happened one day that I had a birthday coupon that was usable with clearance and I found these beautiful Michael Kors pumps.  Originally $300 for a clearance price of $50.  Complete with an extra 70% off for the sale + the coupon I paid a whopping $10.  Yes I was in heaven.  They've been with me for about 4 years now, so I definitley got my money's worth.

vintage mini dress

Vintage Dress, Swap with Emily from Nudgenick Loves Twinkle Lights
Vintage Belt, Thrifted
Michael Kors Pumps, DSW
Necklace, Fred Flare

No comments:

Post a Comment