Google Analytics Alternative

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Colorfully Mod

day26

I'm going for a totally new era today.  I'm all over the place when it comes to my vintage clothes.  Although this dress isn't vintage, I believe the pattern is vintage.  It's very 60s mod with it short length.  I can deal with short, so long as it is tight on the body (does that sound strange?) only because I don't have to worry about the wind blowing up my dress.  To give it a more mod feeling I paired it with my bright yellow tights, black Chanel inspired flats, and a cute little beret.  Oh and my cat eye sunglasses.  I wish the sunglasses were vintage, but alas they're Forever21.  I'm on the lookout for a cute vintage pair at the moment though.  Something a little more resilient is what I had in mind.  Although I'm sure I got my $2 worth from these Forever21 glasses. 

day26c

day26b

If you haven't noticed by now, I try to reserve my more fun looks for the weekend.  Something about the weekend gives me a new lease on life and I just want to wear whatever I feel like wearing.  Whether it be a too short dress, tights with shorts, or lots and lots of sequins.  I still have to be somewhat conservative at work, which sometimes can get boring, so I love the opportunities the weekends bring to make my style more fun.

day26d

day26e

Oh and I'll let you know where I wore this get up to.  Zach and I basically debated about where to go to brunch for an hour, although we both knew where we wanted to go.  Our favorite brunch place is this cute little cafe called the Green Onion but it's still a little pricey.  We try to save our outings there for special occasions, but today seemed as good a day as any.  I mean Zach and I are going to celebrating our 8 year dating anniversary tomorrow so we might as well go all out for the weekend!

day26f
Dress, Boutique in NYC
Cardigan, Thrifted
Tights, Rite-Aid
Flats, Thrifted
Vintage Coat, Ebay
Vintage Beret, From my Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment