Google Analytics Alternative

Monday, February 28, 2011

I Took a Cue from Colonial Wear

day28c

So I've done a 70s look, a 50s look, and a mod look this past week.  So what else is there to try?  How about a Colonial look?!!  I live very close to Colonial Williamburgs and from time to time I'll come across a period 1700 reproduction costume while thrifting.  My friend Diane actually spotted this beauty for me and I fell in love with the pretty print and a-symmetrical sleeves.  Of course when I tried it on it had a floor length skirt, which made it look way too costumey, so I opted to chop off about 1 1/2 feet in length to make it a short bohemian inspired frock.  

day28d

day28b

Oh and I wanted to talk a little about the little weekend getaway I had!  It had it's highs and lows (as most travel does) but the absolute highlight was seeing The Get Up Kids!!  Talk about a fantastic group!  I've been listening to them since I was about 18 and I could never get enough!  Their stage presence is phenomenal and they just sound amazing.  I'm so obsessed (in a good way) with the band that I had to visit the little town in Kansas where they did recording.   Oh and as for the lows I totally broke my new Android phone while at the concert and the screen is just shattered.  And guess who has two thumbs and thought that phone insurance was a rip off?  This gal!!  

day28e

day28

Vintage Dress, Thrifted
Knee High Socks, Forever21
Vintage Boots, Ebay
Cognac Belt, H&M
Necklace, Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment