Google Analytics Alternative

Monday, February 14, 2011

An Interview with The Upside of Wonder


Hey Everyone!!  This is another installment of A Day in the Life of a Thrifter segment and I wanted to take this opportunity to discuss other creative ways to buy second hand.  I recently stumbled upon Amanda's new Blog Shop and fell in love with the things she was selling.  I'm on a budget, so the recent pop up Blog Shops have been a great discovery for me.  I also wanted to take this opportunity to introduce you to Amanda's blog The Upside of Wonder.  She has such an inspirational style and her blog posts are so honest, sweet, and very well written.  She's pretty much the whole package in a great personal style blogger.



1.  What inspires the outfits you wear?  You have such a creative style going on!
Thank you! I think the weather is the main inspiration for my outfits. Living in Texas, the weather is so crazy and it sort of dictates everything, including my outfits. I’m so used to hot summers and doing the whole “I’m wearing as little as possible but making it look like this is a complicated outfit” thing. I usually only have a few pieces in an outfit, but I try to get the most out of them!


2.  What's the most rewarding part of blogging for you?
All of my life, writing has been a way for me to release my feelings and sort of work everything out. My mind always runs at a hundred miles per hour, being able to see things on paper (or on a screen) is really helpful. I think the therapeutic release I get from blogging has been one of the best parts. Plus, I’ve made some amazing blogging friends who I absolutely adore!


3.  How do you balance blogging/social networking with your time as a student?
Ha! That is the million dollar question, isn’t it? I’m not sure I have much of a balance going on, but I do try. Whenever I’m not tired and busy from school, that’s blogging time I guess. I’m actually trying more this semester to not get distracted by blogging when I have studying to do. We’ll see how that goes!


4.  If you had to wear one pair of shoes for an entire year what shoes would they be and why?
Oh geeze, this is a tough one. I would probably have to say either my brown basket-weave flats from UO or these slip-ons that I got over 5 years ago (I say these because they are usually what I wear everywhere anyways!). They are my two pair that have the most wear and feel like an extension of my feet at this point. So, either one would work for me.

5.  What is your best thrifting tip?
Anytime I go to the local Salvation Army, I usually score pretty good. I like to go on Wednesday or Thursday nights, when no one is there and I don’t have to feel like I’m fighting my way through aisles. Plus, they always have 50% off deals and I tend to find the best dresses there!

In addition to her blog shop, you should also check out her vintage etsy shop!  

No comments:

Post a Comment