Google Analytics Alternative

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Into the Dark

vintage shoes

Drats!! It was dark again when I got home from work but I really wanted to take some photos of new vintage skirt so I went to the fire escape hoping that the lighting would be a little bit better.  Unfortunatley, that wasn't the case.  I'll be so happy when I come home from a late night and can still see daylight or a pretty sunset melting into the horizon.  C'est la vie!!


red cross shoes

satin skirt

Okay, back to the skirt!  This skirt was hiding in a rack full of black skirts at the thrift store and somehow by the grace of God I found it and it fit!!  After a thorough inspection I discovered it must be from the 50s due to the detailing and the zipper and at only $2 I couldn't pass up on this beauty.  Have you ever found an item of clothing while shopping and start imagining all the clothes you could put with that item?  I was doing that the whole time in the store.

vintage pleat

It couldn't have been any easier getting dressed this morning.  These shoes were the first thing to pop in my mind due to the fact they have the most adorable bows and they are also vintage from the 40s.  They just seemed to blend seamlessly with the flowy pleated skirt.  Next was the lace blouse.  Sheer satin and lace might as well be as compatable as peanut butter and jelly. 

vintage pumps

Blouse, Dillards
Vintage Skirt, Thrifted
Old Navy Cardigan, Thrifted
Vintage Pumps, Antique Store
Vintage Beret, 2nd Hand from Friend
Cameo Necklace, Gift from Co-worker

No comments:

Post a Comment