Google Analytics Alternative

Monday, February 7, 2011

On the Mend

day6

Today was warm but rainy and I decided it was a great day to try out my newly hemmed dress.  I bought this paisley tent dress from a thrift store about 3 months ago and it was a horrible length.  Dowdy is a more appropriate term of the shape of this garment.  A couple of days ago I finally decided to stop being lazy and get going on my hem pile. 

day6b

day6c

There's no excuse for leaving a mountain of clothes to mend, for months on end, but apparently I'm just a super busy lady...haha, yeah right.  So I guess I can tell you the best part about finishing up a mend pile is you basically get a whole new wardrobe!  You can add a new look to old clothes, or just change up some thrifted items you had lurking in your closet.

 day6d

So with my newly hemmed dress on I felt it was a great day for thrifting.  And what's better than being greeted by the shop keeper at a thriftstore with a huge bag to fill for $10?!  Pretty much nothing!!  I can't tell you how awesome it felt to buy all sorts of great items that I needed for a huge discount.  If I hadn't been there with my hubby I would've spent another hour there, but I could tell he was getting impatient with me.  I'm a hunter and seeker and need so much time to lament on what I need versus what I don't need.  Plus, I was also looking for things for my friends.  This was also the first time I ever went to a thrift store that allowed a "fill a bag" deal.  I wish all thrift store were like that!  haha!!

Vintage dress, Thrifted
Vintage belt, Thrifted
Vintage Boots, Ebay
Owl Ring, Forever21

No comments:

Post a Comment