Google Analytics Alternative

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cruising for Vintage

day5d

When I woke up this morning, I really wanted to put on my comfy jeans and a slouchy sweater.  It was one of those days that most girls kind of dread and putting on homely looking clothes seemed to be counterproductive to how I wanted to represent myself today.  Sometimes all it takes is a pretty floral dress and a vintage sweater to turn my whole attitude around. If I want to feel better I should dress better!

day5c

day5b

As for my day, I was planning on spending most of my day with my friend going to antique stores and taking a short road trip to a little town called Wakefield.  The excursion was quite an experience!!  We stopped in a nearby town first to hit up a Goodwill (also known as a vintage Goldmine).  After thrifting and having lunch we made our way to Wakefield and then some cracked out dude darted into our lane of traffic.  He was totally unresponsive to the numerous honks all the cars was making and he kept walking right into random cars that were trying to get down the street.  So we had to call 911.  That was exciting and a very scary.  Next we headed in the wrong direction towards Wakefield and stumbled upon a cute little antique store with very talkitive ladies.  And when I say talkative, I mean borderline creepy and slightly annoying, but we guessed they were just very lonely since the antique store looked empty of patrons.

day5e

Finally we made our way onto Wakefield going down a curvy and narrow road that was literally in the middle of nowhere.  Empty land was all you could see for miles.  After about an hour we made it to the cutest little antique store with a huge selection of vintage hats of all shapes and sizes.  And tons of vintage jewelry!!!  I was going gaga over all the pretty pieces of jewelry while my friend became engrossed with the gorgeous hats.  All in all it was pretty fantastic!

day5

Dress, Forever21
Vintage Cardigan, Thrifted
Vintage Loafers,  Thrifted
Sunglasses, Forever21
Vintage Camera Bag, Thrifted
Vintage Belt, Thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment