Google Analytics Alternative

Friday, March 25, 2011

Ghost-Like

white button down

As you can see, I've taken a different direction with my photo editing.  Usually I don't edit my pictures, except for a little lighting and/or darkening, but when I took these pictures, the lighting was unusually bright for the time of day.  So I decided to go big or go home.  And by doing that, now my pictures take on an eerie  tone.  I look almost ghost like, but I kind of like them.  I don't plan on doing this softening effects to all my photos, but it was fun to try out something different.
how to mix vintage with modern

patterned tights

For my outfit, I just wanted to do something a little more subdued and classic.  I figured a white blouse would be a good place to start and then I added my vintage pleated skirt for a little drama.  The drama is created with how fluid my skirt feels and looks.  It's very shiny and very swingy so the movement really adds something to my outfit.  Next came these adorable shoes I found living in the trunk of my car.  I swear, every time I go in my trunk I unearth another treasure. Basically it's just like Mary Poppin's carpet bag.


fred flare necklace

And here I have one of my favorite little necklaces. Whenever I want to add a bit of nature to my clothes I always reach for this necklace, or the jar necklace that grows moss. It seemed fitting that I'd be wearing this necklace while in the bird sanctuary.

White Button-Down, 2nd from Friend
Vintage Skirt, Thrifted
Vintage Belt, Thrifted
Tights, Plato's Closet (new)
Necklace, Fred Flare
Steven by Steve Madden Heels, Buffalo Exchange
Hat, Forever21

No comments:

Post a Comment