Google Analytics Alternative

Friday, January 8, 2010

Creative Outlets

I've been pretty depressed lately since I won't be able to afford my spring semester at school, so I'm forced to take an unwanted break. So imagine my surprise when I clicked on my bookmark for A Beautiful Mess and noticed Elsie is offering classes again!!!! This is my birthday gift to me from Zach, so now I finally feel that I have a reason to not just sit on the couch like a lump on a log. I can't wait to set up a fun little project center in my dining room. I've always been a craft junkie, but have let it gone to the wayside for some reason. I guess getting married and having other priorities will make you put things on the back burner.

What kind of things do you all do to allow those creative juices to flow? I know for my extremely artistic sister, she can't wait for her classes to come to an end because her creativity is harbored by those pesky tedious school assignments. As soon as her semester ends from art school she is busy painting and photo-shopping amazing things.

So here it was I ended up wearing for my long long Friday. The tweed skirt kept me comfy and warm, right along with the cardigan.









cardigan, thrifted ($3) blouse, thrifted ($3) skirt, thrifted ($4) oxfords, Payless ($15) brooch, yardsale ($1) earrings, flea market ($2)

5 comments:

  1. I had to take a semester off of school a few years ago because financial aid didn't work out and I was so bummed, but Elsie's class is a great way to keep it busy! I wanted to do that class soo bad but just couldn't with my schedule. I'm excited to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can post pictures, just not instructions (well duh!) so I'll be keeping you all up to date on the things I'm doing. It already looks like a fun but very busy class:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit, love the blouse. My creative juices are triggered by daydreaming. I just sit there and ideas start flowing and then I get to work, lol

    http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer about your schooling, but you look SO amazing in that ruffled blouse. I always think I'm to short to wear ruffles...Anyway, you, dear look marvelous in these photos!

    xx

    ReplyDelete