Google Analytics Alternative

Friday, January 22, 2010

Giving Feels Wonderful

When my neighbors suggested that Zach and I should come out for the Love 4 H8TI event we couldn't say no. I've been wanting to do something for Haiti, but just sending a check to the Red Cross just didn't feel special enough. My church was having a special offering so I gave to that, but then I found out that some wonderful people in our local community were putting together a large party to raise money. People were having a fun time as they celebrated the spirit of giving and of humanity. Although, we were having so much fun, we still didn't forget the reason we were there. Everywhere you turned they were offering raffle tickets with all the proceeds going towards Haiti. For $5 a ticket you couldn't say no and it was amazing how many businesses donated to the raffle cause. It was heart warming really. Zach and I enjoyed ourselves immensely and I even got Zach on the dance floor towards the end of the night. Although I am not much of a dancer, I had a bit of liquid courage in me so I boogied down like a buffoon, but hey, it was for Haiti.

Here's what I ended up wearing. Since my tights were the brightest ones there, the local online newspaper photographers, kept asking to take my pictures because they liked the tights. It was kind of funny since I normally try to blend in but lately I've been finding the courage to dress up a little more different (like neon pink tights or wearing short and fishnets).







And here's what I made this morning! It's an owl cosmetic case!

3 comments:

  1. Love your bright pink tights! That owl case is so cute too - well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cosmetics case! And those tights are so great with the paired down gray! Smart combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a cute case!! And I love the color of your tights!

    ReplyDelete