Google Analytics Alternative

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Feeling Industrious

I am enjoying this Style School class so much! It is really helping me to define my personal style a little more and it keeps my hands busy. I am one of those Type 'A' people who need to be on point and busy all the time. It is also the reason why I try to work full time, go to school full time, and basically just put too much on my plate. To make a long story short, I am a perfectionist and after taking this class, I am realizing I don't need to be perfect. I am not the best sewer or the best drawer, but I'm trying. I would still like my end results to be a little cleaner and neater, but I don't want to drive myself crazy over it.

Coincidentally, I feel the same about the way I dress. I wasn't absolutely in love with my outfit, but it did have some of my favorite elements. I added a bit of vintage, and overall I felt pretty, but I knew I was missing something. A belt maybe? Or maybe some other style elements such as knee high socks instead of tights.





brown top, thrifted ($2) cardi, NYandCo (gift) vintage skirt, thrifted ($5) flats, Target ($5)

5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog. This outfit is so cute, and the way your hand holds the cardigan just shows how great it would look with a belt.

    I can't wait to read some more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that skirt!! It is probably one of my favorites that i have seen you wear! :)

    xoxo
    Amy

    http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great outfit! You look fantastic. As for the missing element? I think a belt would look great! Or maybe a bigger necklace? I don't know, sometimes I go through twenty "pre-outfits" before I get to the final "I'm gonna wear it outfit". Oft times the final outfit has only one element of the original! (or just as often, none at all!)

    http://purplestinkindogtoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete